Main menu

Community Action Agency of Northwest Alabama

You are here

What's New at Community Action

April is Child Abuse Awareness Month

Every month should be child abuse awareness month.  Every child deserves to be loved, encouraged and taken care of physically and emotionally.  Community Action offers parenting classes for mothers, fathers and other caregivers.  Call for class times or more information- Responsible Parenting 256-766-4330 Mothers 256-383-3832.

"Your Community" Survey

Please take our 5 minute Community Survey.  Click - Community Action Agency of Northwest Alabama Community Survey  Thank you for your help!

Donate Tax refunds to help Children

You can aid in the battle to eliminate child abuse and neglect in Alabama. 
Use the tax return check off box to donate all, or a portion, of your income tax refund to the Alabama Children's Trust Fund, administered by the Alabama Department of Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention (ADCANP).

Children Trust Funds are returned to the community to combact child abuse and neglect on a local level.
Community Action Agency Northwest receives ADCANP funding for the Fatherhood and Mothers Parenting Programs.
In the last fiscal year the Northwest Alabama Responsible Parenting - served 163 Fatherhood participants and the Mothers Program served 213 Mothers.

Additional ways to help fund the fight; Purchase a Children's Trust Fund car tag.
visit for more information.


Utility Season for General Public.

Thank you for your patience as we first served our elderly households this past month.  Our on-line utility scheduler has been added for your convenience and is open to the general public.  Please click on the link below and follow the prompts. 
Please read "what to bring" under our Guidelines tab.

Consumer Housing Survey Available

Please visit our "Housing" tab to take a brief consumer housing satisfaction survey.

Guidelines for Utility Assistance

The State of Alabama now mandates the use of the standard no income Form 125 for all NO INCOME statements.  For each household member 18 and older declaring "no income' Form 125 must be filled out.  Please click on the BELOW LINK and print Form 125 or visit one of our offices to request a form. Hand written statements will NO LONGER be accepted.

Please see "Guidelines" for additional information. 

View our News & Events
View our current Newsletter


  • Total Visitors: 527589
  • Unique Visitors: 52119

Need Utility Assistance?

Our on-line utility scheduler has been added for your convenience.  Please click on the link below and follow the instructions.


View our Photo Gallery